Sunday 9 June 2013

Glorious June in Monmouthshire

Llanvihangel Court a dream venue for a a period wedding

     Llanvihangel Court has it all: glorious old stones, lakes and lily pads, weeping willows and wild life to match. The most beautiful setting for a July wedding. At this time of year I enjoy my reconnoitres. I love to prowl around the setting for next month's wedding and find the best spots to which I'll bring my bride and groom in the 20 minutes or so that we can snatch away from their friends and guests to create the centre pieces for their albums.


The court peacocks on display for visitors and brides alike




          There is something extra special about a venue with peacocks strutting their stuff on the lawns and this one knew how to show off for a visiting photographer when I was up there a short while ago. 
       I'm wondering if he will be so obliging on my lovely couple's big day? 
       As I suspect his display was not for me at all, but for a shy, dun-coloured peafowl lurking in the surrounding bushes, I'm not sure that my bride and groom will be able to orchestrate any  display at all in July.  Even should they wish to. 





A beautiful weeping willow dips its fronds into the water

      The ideal spot for a bridal panorama is this stretch of water, brown and slatey on the damp day of my visit but hopefully reflecting those lovely trees accompanied by a blue sky and fluffy white clouds on the wedding day.
       If not,  the wedding umbrella is always on standby.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment